Under this heading, the 3rd European Rural Geographies Conference will take place in Groningen from 26 to 29 June 2023, with IfL researchers involved as session organisers and speakers.
Our contributions at a glance:
- Session 'Left-behind'-ness of rural-peripheral regions in Europe – New wine in old bottles? (part 1 / part 2) | Organisation: Nadir Kinossian and Tim Leibert together with Susann Schäfer and Sebastian Henn (both Jena)
- Paper presentation "How policy deals with ‘Left behind places’ in Germany" | Tim Leibert, Nadir Kinossian, Jeroen Royer and Serhii Svynarets
- Paper presentation "Exploring residential immobility of people living in left-behind rural Germany" | Serhii Svynarets
- Paper presentation "Voting with the feet? Age- and sex-selective migration and ‘left behindness’ in rural Germany" | Tim Leibert and Jeroen Royer
- Paper presentation "Habituating Urbanity through Practice: The (Re)Production of “Rurban” in Collaborative Workspaces" | Yue Mao